I gave a contributed talk on GOS/Verity at the CCPC workshop, part of the ASPLOS conference. The focus of the talk was on the fact that using a semantic notion of function call it is possible to support separate compilation and a foreign function interface. This is very useful because it means we can use libraries and low-level things such as device drivers. The video is here.
Lab Lunch calendar
- URL on Two views of programming language design
- My Homepage on Leaving the Nest: variables with interleaving scopes
- Dan Ghica on Categorical semantics of digital circuits
- So what is a “pure programming language” anyway? | The Lab Lunch on Types: computation vs. interaction
- Dan Ghica on A short fable of software engineering vs. regular engineering